THEM

THEM

Wally and Red

In Search of The Starving Wild Dogs ..

"Lynne use the photo's that's absolutely fine would you mind 'crediting' them to Wayne Doull. Wayne took so many photos I have called him and he sez it's fine with him to use...Red McKelvie"

 Wally Mudd Daryl McKenzie, Wally Mudd and Red McKelvie 1. and 2. Sun. arvo in an old run-down studio right behind Oxford Hotel cnr Foley's Lane and Bourke St. We had been listening to Dylan's John Wesley Hardin LP and went there to learn "Wicked Messenger", "I'll be your Baby 2 ngt" and "You better Watch You'sel" Little Walter Jacobs. 3. me and Wally standing on a bed in the top room street side had a balcony at 290 South Dowling Street c.'68 4. Feb 1968 Jim and Sandy at the Oxford 'Jim's Obituary, I think of him lots when I walk the streets of Timaru I know the house he grew up in I've met some of his school friends I had a great chat with him in 2000' '5. haha me and Wally Gosbell St we had a Sat night off and!!! '6. My last gig with the band you probably recognize some people there This photos were taken at the Hebron Hall Darlinghurst right across road from Langley St okay hmmm Chris was born Apr 71 we were only there at most 5 months so it's 1971 (there was a little park behind it on Palmer St I used to take Chris there to give Lan a break) we lived at 22 Langley St in a small house John A Bird and Sandy had it before us and he organised for us to take over the lease after him and Sandy found other digs the band was just put together for Wayne and Lyn's wedding we don't appear to have a bass-player 'Ace' Follington on drums Doggie, Wally and me it's abt Aug 1971 I've been waiting since 1992 for these photo's !! I hope they come out alright I'm SO lucky to have these photos, have more will send them to you asap cheers 4 now Red McKelvie ..

No comments:

Post a Comment